The Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is seeking a motivated individual to serve as a Green-e Marketing Compliance Associate. This is a great opportunity to learn about renewable energy and responsible supplier behavior. The Associate will work closely with Green-e staff to learn about best practices for accurate renewable energy marketing and sales.
The position will begin in late February. Candidates must be available for 5 weeks.
The Associate will assist with Green-e Energy’s marketing compliance review process (MCR), and will have opportunities for other projects, based on the needs of the Green-e programs and the interest and experience of the candidate.
MCR (80%): Support the review of marketing materials and renewable energy claims, and critically evaluate compliance with the Green-e program rules. Gain knowledge about the intricacies of renewable energy markets and consumer-protection issues.
Other (20%): Depending on the applicant’s interests and skills, the Associate may support projects in areas including:
- Renewable energy and carbon offset market research
- Partnership outreach and business development initiatives
- CRS marketing and communications
- Policy research and analysis
- Event planning and logistics support
Compensation and Scheduling
This is a temporary, part-time position, and the Associate is expected to work 20 hours per week for 5 weeks, for a total of 100 hours. This position pays $18 per hour. The Associate will be expected to work from the CRS office in the Presidio of San Francisco and will be eligible to receive commuter benefits. The schedule arrangement is flexible so long as the Associate works in the office an average of 20 hours each week for a total of 100 hours.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
Professionals with a passion for renewable energy and environmental issues are eligible. Students with research and project management experience may apply. Candidates should highlight studies or work experience in Environmental Studies, Communications, Marketing, Law, Policy, or other relevant fields.
About the ideal candidate:
- Enrolled in a graduate program in a related field, or have completed a bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- Ability to review written and digital materials against published guidelines, interpret marketing language, and clearly communicate findings in verbal and written form
- Great attention to detail and organization
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- High level of comfort making decisions and thinking critically
- Experience with Microsoft Office, and familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Previous experience working in renewable energy or carbon offsets markets is a plus