About Center for Resource Solutions
Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is a growing 501(c)(3) nonprofit that works to promote policy and market-based solutions to advance sustainable energy in the United States and internationally. CRS’s work engages stakeholders across the sustainable energy sector, including renewable energy users, sellers, government, and other NGOs through its education, technical assistance, and policy-focused programs and outreach. CRS also administers the market-leading Green-e programs, which offer independent environmental and consumer protection standards and certification for buyers and producers of renewable energy, such as utility green power programs, and carbon offsets.
This position will play a key role in supporting the growth of the organization as we expand our programs. CRS is seeking an experienced communications professional to manage the organization’s communications and marketing function and assist with program outreach. This is a permanent, full-time exempt position reporting to the Communications Director. The position is based in San Francisco. Occasional domestic travel will be required.
The Lead, Communications and Marketing will be responsible for managing a wide range of functions related to developing and implementing strategic communications and public relations for Center for Resource Solutions and its programs and events, including the Green-e certification program, annual Renewable Energy Markets conference, program outreach staff, and ongoing policy services, in order to improve visibility and engagement with stakeholders.
The role requires exceptional communication skills, a strong background in design, the ability to create content quickly, an unfailing sense for appropriate tone, and an ability to write compelling copy for a wide range of audiences. This position requires technical ability (fluency with design software, web-based services like Salesforce and Google Analytics, and HTML/CSS); the creativity to write and design within the brand guidelines, on a quick deadline, and for a broad constituency; and an eye for detail strong enough that everything is perfect when they hit Send. The CRS communications and marketing function operates with current technologies and the right person will be excited to constantly improve our process and workflow.
Along with significant technical and design expertise, this position will be tasked with helping shape the vision of how CRS’s mission, functions, and programs will be communicated as the organization continues its significant programmatic and geographic expansion over the next 3–5 years. CRS is a collaborative, supportive work environment, and the successful candidate will be able to create consensus and ensure the integrity of the approvals process while meeting deadlines.
The Lead, Communications and Marketing will:
- Create communications products for print and digital media channels—websites, presentations, bulk emails, one-pagers, videos, webinars, etc.
- Manage social media accounts, including content development, scheduling, strategy, and analytics
- Write, design, and schedule bulk email through MailChimp. Manage audience and lists, and help build contacts
- Create graphics for web and print, including email headers, infographics, presentations, and data charts and graphs
- Design and layout whitepapers, policy briefs, reports, and other materials
- Develop collateral, materials, and outbound communications in consultation with staff. Manage all aspects of assigned tasks, including contractors (graphic designers, web developers, etc), printing, and implementation (where applicable)
- Update various websites owned and managed by CRS, including CRS (www.resource-solutions.org), Green-e (www.green-e.org), Buy Clean Energy (www.buycleanenergy.org), and Renewable Energy Markets (www.renewableenergymarkets.com).
- Work closely with program outreach staff on ongoing initiatives—develop educational materials including talking points, and create case studies, position papers, sales-support materials, social media, and web-based trainings
- Build and execute a strong program outreach communications strategy and execution plan, including planning for regular program messaging on social media, email, webinars, etc. and growing program contact lists, while engaging with and leveraging new key partners and their audiences
- Help manage Salesforce implementation, including developing new features, managing outside contractors, and occasional data entry
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
CRS seeks a candidate with significant hands-on marketing and communications experience. Preferred skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field with relevant work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Significant design experience in Adobe CC, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience with website management, including HTML/CSS; and content management systems, including Drupal, Squarespace, and WordPress. FTP for managing file uploads.
- Experience with web-based services, including Salesforce, Google Analytics, MailChimp, and SurveyMonkey.
- Ability to be a flexible self-starter; able to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects; must be able to work independently
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CRS’s mission
- Ability with a foreign language (especially Mandarin or Spanish) would support our international program activities (not a requirement)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirement to email@example.com in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line. Indicate why you are interested in the position, a summary of your qualifications, and your available start date. No calls or email inquiries please. In compliance with federal law, employment is contingent upon verification of identity and eligibility to work in the United States, including completion of Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification. Employment is also contingent upon satisfactory reference checks.