Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is 501(c)(3) nonprofit that works to promote policy and market-based solutions to advance sustainable energy in the U.S. and internationally. CRS’s work engages stakeholders across the sustainable energy sector, including renewable energy users, sellers, government, and other NGOs through its education, technical assistance, and policy-focused programs and outreach. CRS also administers the market-leading Green-e® programs, which offer independent environmental and consumer protection standards and certification for buyers and producers of renewable energy, such as utility green power programs, and carbon offsets.
This position will play a key role in supporting the continuing growth of the organization as we expand our programs. CRS is seeking a communications professional to manage the organization’s communications and marketing activities. This is a permanent, full-time exempt position reporting to the Communications Director. Due to the COVID health crisis, CRS staff is currently working remotely. This position will be required to work business hours in the Pacific time zone. Once in-office work resumes, the position will be based in CRS’s San Francisco office. Occasional travel will be required.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for managing a wide range of functions. These include developing and implementing strategic communications and public relations for CRS and its programs and events—including the Green-e certification programs, annual Renewable Energy Markets conferences, and other program activities, in order to improve visibility and engagement with stakeholders.
This position requires technical ability, design skills, and ability to write cogently and creatively. We’re looking for an exceptional communicator with experience managing websites (direct coding and CMSs), a background in graphic design, the ability to create content quickly with an unfailing sense for appropriate tone, and an ability to write compelling copy for a wide range of audiences. This role requires familiarity with current technologies and the right person will be excited to constantly improve our processes and workflow.
This position will help shape how CRS’s mission, functions, and programs will be communicated as the organization continues its significant programmatic and geographic expansion. CRS is a collaborative, supportive work environment, and the successful candidate will be able to create consensus with program managers on communication strategy and direction while meeting deadlines. Key responsibilities include:
- Website Management. Manage updates for 4 websites using 3 content management systems, including Drupal, WordPress, and Squarespace. Significant HTML and CSS coding involved, including in HTML-based email (Mailchimp and Pardot)
- Marketing Communications Design. Create (or manage designers creating) communications products and campaigns for print and digital media channels. Work closely with program outreach staff on ongoing projects, including educational materials, presentations and webinars, reports, and sales-support materials. Manage outside contractors, including designers and developers. Daily design projects include graphics creation and optimization for websites and direct email
- Social Media. Manage social media accounts (currently 6), including content development, scheduling, strategy, analytics, and engagement
- Audience Management. Manage email audiences and lists, including media and industry communications contacts, and monitor, track and report on web analytics and other user feedback. Currently using MailChimp for direct email, migrating to Pardot
- Web Services. CRS uses web-based tools extensively, including Salesforce, Hopin, SurveyMonkey, Submittable, FormAssembly, Vimeo, others. This position requires the technical ability to manage these services and increase their use, as well as manage outside developers
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
CRS seeks a candidate with significant hands-on marketing and communications experience. Preferred skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field with 5+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Design experience in Adobe CC
- Experience with website management, including strong HTML/CSS skills; and content management systems, including Drupal, Squarespace, and WordPress
- Experience with web-based services, especially Salesforce
- Flexible and self-starting, able to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects. Must be able to work independently
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to CRS’s mission
- Ability with a foreign language a plus (especially Mandarin or Spanish)
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No calls or email inquiries please. The application form will ask for a cover letter and resume. Please include your salary requirements in the cover letter.