The nonprofit Center for Resource Solutions is seeking an individual to join our small, dynamic and collaborative team to drive outreach and growth for the organization’s Green-e® certification programs. This manager will contribute to setting overall development goals and priorities for the Green-e programs in order to increase participation and program impact. This position will work, in coordination with the Director of Strategic Partnerships, to prioritize outreach and develop and implement strategies to grow program participation. There is an expectation that the position will increase participation in the Green-e certification programs through outreach, effective communications, interaction with current participants and key stakeholders, and relationship development.
- Green-e Programs—Participant Outreach and Engagement
- Manage new participant outreach/marketing and transition new participants into Green-e Energy, Climate and Marketplace programs.
- Green-e positioning and strategy design. In coordination with senior management, develop and implement strategies for outreach and communication activities in key energy markets, including restructured and regulated states, and with organizations with renewable energy purchasing goals.
- Coordinate with Green-e operations team on outreach efforts, streamlining and improving participant on-boarding processes, and maintaining processes for ongoing participant services/retention.
- Coordinate with design team to create new participant outreach/support materials and tools, including online and in print, and work to improve Salesforce CRM as a tool for outreach and onboarding new participants.
- Represent CRS with outside stakeholders and at public forums, expanding the organization’s relationships among key energy and carbon offset providers, CSR focused corporations, and relevant NGOs and service providers.
- Contribute to CRS international partnership development as needed. Support Green-e participant outreach and onboarding where Standards exist outside the U.S./Canada, support development of outreach tools and resources for international Green-e program offerings.
This position is located at CRS’s San Francisco office and will require regular travel.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Relevant Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred, with business outreach and development experience.
- 3-5+ years’ experience in related industry.
- Experience in electricity markets, with strong preference for experience in green power markets and with the Green-e programs.
- Experience developing and implementing effective marketing and outreach strategies, preferably in green power, sustainability, or related industry.
- Comfort working in a team environment and with defined targets.
- Experience with and insight into the perspectives of Green-e participants (renewable energy market participants, CSR-focused corps), and consumers of Green-e certified products.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume and cover letter to jobs [at] resource-solutions [dot] org in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line. Indicate why you are interested in the position, a summary of your qualifications for the position, and your available start date. No calls or email inquiries please. Employment will be contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
CRS does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CRS provides a robust benefits package for full-time employees including retirement, comprehensive insurance benefits, and paid leave. CRS is located in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco’s Presidio National Park.
About Center for Resource Solutions (CRS)
CRS is a U.S.-based nonprofit with global impact. CRS brings forth expert responses to climate change issues with the speed and effectiveness necessary to provide real-time solutions. Our leadership through collaboration and environmental innovation builds policies and consumer-protection mechanisms in renewable energy, greenhouse gas reductions, and energy efficiency that foster healthy and sustained growth in national and international markets. CRS administers the Green-e certification programs, which bring environmental standards and consumer protection mechanisms to the voluntary market for renewable energy and carbon offsets, and promote organizational commitments to renewable energy and carbon emission reductions. To learn more about CRS’s programs, visit the CRS and Green-e program websites, www.resource-solutions.org and www.green-e.org.