Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) is seeking motivated individuals to serve as Green-e® Marketing Compliance Associates. This is a great opportunity to learn about renewable energy and responsible supplier behavior. The Associates will work closely with Green-e® staff to learn about best practices for accurate renewable energy marketing and sales.
There are 2 positions available, each lasting for 10 weeks and beginning on August 26th, 2019. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, the position is open until filled.
Associates will assist with Green-e® Energy’s marketing compliance review process (MCR), and will have opportunities for other projects, based on the needs of the Green-e® programs and the interest and experience of the candidates.
MCR (80%): Support the review of marketing materials and renewable energy claims, and critically evaluate compliance with the Green-e® program rules. Gain knowledge about the intricacies of renewable energy markets and consumer-protection issues.
Other (20%): Depending on the applicant’s interests and skills, the Associate may support projects in areas including:
- Renewable energy and carbon offset market research
- Partnership outreach and business development initiatives
- CRS marketing and communications
- Policy research and analysis
- Event planning and logistics support
Compensation and Scheduling
This is a temporary, part-time position, and the Associate is expected to work 32 hours per week. This position pays $18 per hour. The Associate will be expected to work from the CRS office in the Presidio of San Francisco and will be eligible to receive commuter benefits. The schedule arrangement is flexible so long as the Associate works in the office an average of 32 hours each week.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
Professionals with a passion for renewable energy and environmental issues are welcome to apply, as are students with research and project management experience. Candidates should highlight studies or work experience in Environmental Studies, Communications, Marketing, Law, Policy, or other relevant fields.
The ideal candidate:
- is enrolled in a graduate program in a related field, or has completed a bachelor’s degree with relevant experience
- is able to review written and digital materials against published guidelines, interpret marketing language, and clearly communicate findings in verbal and written form
- has great attention to detail and organization habits
- is enthusiastic and self-starting
- has a high level of comfort making decisions and thinking critically
- is experienced with Microsoft Office, and familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- has previous experience working in renewable energy or carbon offset markets (optional)
To learn more about CRS and its hiring guidelines, including how to apply, visit CRS Jobs.