Center for Resource Solutions is seeking four motivated individuals to serve as Verification Associates for the Summer of 2018. This is a great opportunity to learn about renewable energy and the intricacies of the voluntary renewable energy market in which it is sold. The Associates will work closely with Green-e Energy staff and learn about each of the Green-e programs: Green-e Energy, Green-e Climate, and Green-e Marketplace.
The positions will begin on May 22, 2018. There are four positions available in total; two of the positions will last ten weeks, and two of the positions will last twenty weeks. Candidates must be available to start on May 22. These positions may be considered internships only if you have a relationship with an amenable sponsoring institution. If you wish to get credit for this position as an internship, please include information from your sponsoring institution in your application. Students currently enrolled in graduate programs are encouraged to apply.
The Associates will assist with Green-e Energy’s annual verification process, as well as have opportunities for research projects, based on the needs of the Green-e programs and the interest and experience of the candidates.
Verification (75-80%): Renewable energy sellers in Green-e Energy are required to submit an annual Verification Report detailing their supply and sales of renewable energy during a given year. These reports are audited by accountants hired by the program participant. The Associates will assist Green-e Energy staff in reviewing and processing the reports, which are received June 1, 2018.
Research (20-25%): In addition to verification tasks, there are a number of other areas within CRS that can use assistance. Depending on the applicant’s particular interests and skills, they may work in a number of areas including:
- Renewable energy facility reviews
- Utility outreach
- Renewable energy markets and accounting in other countries
- Green-e communications/marketing
- Facilitating partnerships with like-minded organizations
- Identifying companies for possible Green-e Marketplace participation
- Green-e Salesforce applications
Compensation and Scheduling
This is a temporary, part-time position, and the Associate is expected to work 32 hours per week. This position pays $18 per hour if funding from the applicant’s university or another grant-giving institution is not available. The Associate will be expected to work from the CRS office in the Presidio of San Francisco, and will be eligible to receive commuter benefits. The schedule arrangement is flexible so long as the Associate works in the office an average of 32 hours each week.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Enrolled in a graduate program in a related field, or have completed a bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of experience
- Passion for renewable energy and environmental issues
- Study or work experience in Accounting, Environmental Studies, Economics, Communications, Software QA/QC, Policy or related field
- Experience with Microsoft Excel; knowledge of functions, pivot tables and other data analysis features is extremely helpful
- Comfortable managing and reviewing large amounts of data and mathematical calculations=
- Great attention to detail
- High level of comfort contacting clients by phone and email in a professional manner
- HTML experience is a plus
- Previous experience with renewable energy markets is a plus
The positions are open until filled. Apply ASAP for best consideration.
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position, what you hope to gain from the position, and any applicable knowledge you believe valuable for this position. Please include information from your sponsoring institution if you wish to get credit for this position as an internship. Cover letter and resume may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line.
To learn more about CRS and its hiring guidelines, visit CRS Jobs.