2017 Green Power Leadership Award Winners
We would like to congratulate the winners of the 2017 Green Power Leadership Awards (GPLAs). They received their awards at a ceremony on Monday, October 23, 2017 at the Renewable Energy Markets 2017 conference in New York, NY. You can read the release about the winners. You can also view the presentation.
2017 CRS Market Development Award Winners
Center for Resource Solutions presented Market Development Awards to 10 winners in four award categories. These awards recognize individuals, companies, and other renewable energy industry leaders that have helped build the market for green power:
- Green Power Market Development: A Better City, Google Inc., Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Rocky Mountain Power, and WGL Energy
- International Green Power Market Development: Apple Inc.
- Leadership in Green Power Education: Clif Bar & Company, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, and RE-volv
- Green Power Leader of the Year: Jan Pepper, Peninsula Clean Energy
EPA Green Power Partner Awards
EPA recognized 19 leading green power purchasers and suppliers in four categories: Excellence in Green Power Use, Direct Project Engagement, Green Power Community of the Year, and Green Power Partner of the Year. This year’s EPA Green Power Partner Award Winners are:
- Excellence in Green Power Use: Capital One; Clif Bar & Company; Equinix, Inc.; Google Inc.; Microsoft Corporation; TOTO USA / Morrow, GA Facility; University of California; and University of Tennessee, Knoxville
- Direct Project Engagement: Amphitheater Public Schools; Apple Inc.; Intel Corporation; Iron Mountain Information Management, LLC; Lockheed Martin Corporation; Stanford University; University of Missouri; and Victor Valley Wastewater Reclamation Authority
- Green Power Community of the Year: Bainbridge Island, WA Community
- Green Power Partner of the Year: City of Houston, TX and L’Oréal USA
For additional information on Center for Resource Solutions, visit www.resource-solutions.org.
For questions about the CRS Market Development Awards, contact Marcia Sitcoske at 415-561-2103 or email@example.com.
Electricity generated from renewable sources is becoming increasingly available nationwide. By choosing green power instead of conventional electricity, consumers, businesses, and organizations can support increased deployment of renewable energy technologies that will reduce the environmental impact of electricity generation and increase energy security.
To recognize the actions of individuals, companies and organizations that are significantly advancing the development of renewable electricity sources through green power markets, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) sponsored the 2017 Green Power Leadership Awards. The 2017 Green Power Leadership Awards were held on Monday, October 23, 2017 in conjunction with Renewable Energy Markets 2017.
No endorsement by the EPA is intended or implied.