2018 Green Power Leadership Award Winners
We would like to congratulate the winners of the 2018 Green Power Leadership Awards (GPLAs). They received their awards at a ceremony on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at the Renewable Energy Markets 2018 conference in Houston, TX. You can read the release about the winners. You can also view the presentation and see the photos.
2018 CRS Market Development Award Winners
Center for Resource Solutions presented Market Development Awards to 9 winners in four award categories. These awards recognize individuals, companies, and other renewable energy industry leaders that have helped build the market for green power:
- Green Power Market Development: Microsoft Corporation, Puget Sound Energy, Silicon Ranch, and T-Mobile US, Inc.
- International Green Power Market Development: Apple Inc., and Google Inc.
- Leadership in Green Power Education: Cornell University and The Redford Center
- Green Power Leader of the Year: Janet Napolitano, University of California
EPA Green Power Partner Awards
EPA recognized 10 leading green power purchasers and suppliers in three categories: Excellence in Green Power Use, Direct Project Engagement, and Green Power Partner of the Year. This year’s EPA Green Power Partner Award Winners are:
- Excellence in Green Power Use: Anheuser-Busch, Equinix, Inc., Google Inc., and Starbucks Coffee Company
- Direct Project Engagement: Jackson Family Wines, Michigan State University, The Procter & Gamble Company, T-Mobile US, Inc., and University of California
- Green Power Partner of the Year: Microsoft Corporation
For additional information on Center for Resource Solutions, visit www.resource-solutions.org.
For questions about the CRS Market Development Awards, contact Marcia Sitcoske at 415-561-2103 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Electricity generated from renewable sources is becoming increasingly available nationwide. By choosing green power instead of conventional electricity, consumers, businesses, and organizations can support increased deployment of renewable energy technologies that will reduce the environmental impact of electricity generation and increase energy security.
To recognize the actions of individuals, companies and organizations that are significantly advancing the development of renewable electricity sources through green power markets, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) sponsored the 2018 Green Power Leadership Awards. The 2018 Green Power Leadership Awards were held on Wednesday, October 10, 2018 in conjunction with Renewable Energy Markets 2018.
No endorsement by the EPA is intended or implied.