2019 Green Power Leadership Award Winners
We would like to congratulate the winners of the 2019 Green Power Leadership Awards (GPLAs). They received their awards at a ceremony on Thursday, September 5, 2019 at the Renewable Energy Markets 2019 conference in San Diego, CA. You can read the release about the winners. You can also view the presentation.
2019 CRS Market Development Award Winners
Center for Resource Solutions presented Market Development Awards to 9 winners in four award categories. These awards recognize individuals, companies, and other renewable energy industry leaders that have helped build the market for green power:
- Green Power Market Development: Corporate Renewable Energy Aggregation Group (Bloomberg, Cox Enterprises, Gap Inc., Salesforce, and Workday), Vermont Gas Systems, Inc., Austin Energy, and Green Power EMC
- International Green Power Market Development: The Climate Group/RE100, Microsoft Corporation
- Green Power Leader of the Year: R. Rex Parris, City of Lancaster
EPA Green Power Partner Awards
EPA recognized 17 leading green power purchasers and suppliers in five categories: Partner of the Year, Sustained Excellence in Green Power Use, Excellence in Green Power Use, Direct Project Engagement, and Green Power Community. This year’s EPA Green Power Partner Award Winners are:
- Partner of the Year: Google LLC
- Sustained Excellence in Green Power Use: Intel Corporation
- Excellence in Green Power Use: Bank of America, The City of Dallas, Dallas Fort Worth International Airport, Kohler Co., Northampton Community College, Samsung Electronics Co Ltd., Switch
- Direct Project Engagement: Blue Lake Rancheria, Equinix Inc, General Motors LLC., Johnson & Johnson, Kaiser Permanente, Microsoft Corporation, Santa Clara County
- Green Power Community: Lancaster, CA
For additional information on Center for Resource Solutions, visit www.resource-solutions.org.
For questions about the CRS Market Development Awards, contact Marcia Sitcoske at 415-561-2103 or email@example.com.
Electricity generated from renewable sources is becoming increasingly available nationwide. By choosing green power instead of conventional electricity, consumers, businesses, and organizations can support increased deployment of renewable energy technologies that will reduce the environmental impact of electricity generation and increase energy security.
To recognize the actions of individuals, companies and organizations that are significantly advancing the development of renewable electricity sources through green power markets, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) sponsored the 2019 Green Power Leadership Awards. The 2019 Green Power Leadership Awards were held on Thursday, September 5, 2019 in conjunction with Renewable Energy Markets 2019.
No endorsement by the EPA is intended or implied.