Center for Resource Solutions and the Green-e Marketplace program are seeking a part-time volunteer to assist with research and business development activities. Green-e Marketplace is a unique certification program that recognizes organizations using renewable energy, making voluntary emissions reductions, and/or purchasing carbon offsets, and enables the demonstration of these commitments through the nationally recognized Green-e logo. Green-e also offers a suite of other renewable energy and climate programs managed by the Center for Resource Solutions (CRS), located in the Presidio of San Francisco.
Green-e Marketplace is currently focused on developing new opportunities for certification and recognition of onsite renewable energy for businesses. This is a great opportunity to gain practical renewable energy and climate change experience, and the chance to develop and present a real business plan around a potential new Green-e offering. The volunteer should expect to split time among the following types of activities; other projects may be available based on the volunteer’s interest, ability, and CRS’s needs:
Business plan development. The volunteer would aggregate findings and crystalize into a coherent business plan for a new Green-e offering. Volunteer would be expected to outline a structure for the new offering, describe inputs necessary to execute on the business plan, and deliver a recommendation as to the viability of the business offering.
Research for Green-e Marketplace. The volunteer would assist in performing research and documentation around distributed solar generation, solar REC prices, solar business models, and project-level certification program design (LEED, SF Green Business, etc.). Research would be mostly conducted online, but the applicant should also be comfortable with phone communication or in-person meetings.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent research skills, marketing and communications skills, organizational skills, Microsoft Excel and/or Salesforce competency, and a passion for renewable energy or climate change mitigation. Priority will be given to applicants with a business/marketing background, or related academic or professional experience.
Compensation and Scheduling
This is a volunteer position. Ideal candidates will be able to work 15-20 hours per week for three to six months. The volunteer is expected to work from the CRS office in the Presidio of San Francisco the majority of the time though some schedule flexibility is possible.
Please submit a resume and cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position, what you hope to gain from the position, your availability (available start date, preferred hours per week and duration), and any applicable knowledge you believe valuable for this position. Cover letter and resume may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Sustainable Business Volunteer” in the subject line. No calls please.
2. Office Manager
1 Half-time staff position
Posting Date: July 15, 2016
Application Deadline: August 7, 2016
This is a permanent, half time non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
Executive Director Support: Provide administrative support & travel arrangements for the Executive Director.
Administrative Support: Primary responsibility for office administrative duties and meeting planning and logistics for CRS and Green-e boards.
- Organize and schedule quarterly CRS Board meetings and provide support during meetings as needed
- Organize CRS Board dinners
- Organize and schedule quarterly Green-e Governance Board meetings and provide support during meetings as needed
- Keep the office running efficiently, including printers, phones, alarms, etc.
- Process mail, invoices and checks
- Answer phones & greet visitors in a professional manner
- Order and manage office and kitchen supplies
- Record minutes for weekly staff meetings
- Coordinate catering, social committee, and birthday celebrations
- Plant care
- Run errands as necessary
- Assist with planning and provide support at other CRS events, such as the annual staff dinner and staff parties
- Post job and volunteer position openings, collect applications, and provide administrative support to hiring processes
- Assist in employee, volunteer, and intern onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Data entry & tracking in Salesforce
- Oversee shipping of booths and supplies for staff travel to conferences
- Based on skills, assist with social media and website updates to gain CRS followers and to promote events and campaigns
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel mandatory, Salesforce and basic HTML experience a plus
- High-level of comfort contacting clients by phone and email in a professional manner
- Firm but graceful negotiating skills
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well with a team
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
- Long-term career interests in administrative work
- Able to start work in August 2016
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week paid staff position. The Office Manager is expected to work all weekday mornings (Monday-Friday) from the CRS office in San Francisco. CRS would like to fill the position as soon as possible. CRS is a small, inclusive, team-based organization, and we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about our mission and playing this key role in supporting the organization’s work.
The salary for this position is commensurate for similar part-time positions in non-profits. Upon completion of the 6 month probationary period, this position also receives benefits including health, dental and vision insurance; holidays and a personal day; vacation and sick leave as accrued; and commuter benefits.
To Apply for a Position at Center for Resource Solutions
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line. Indicate why you are interested in the position, what you hope to gain from your tenure here, a summary of your qualifications for the position, and your availability (possible start date, hours per week and duration if relevant). Employment will be contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference checks.
About Center for Resource Solutions (CRS)
CRS is a national nonprofit with global impact. CRS brings forth expert responses to climate change issues with the speed and effectiveness necessary to provide real-time solutions. Our leadership through collaboration and environmental innovation builds policies and consumer-protection mechanisms in renewable energy, greenhouse gas reductions, and energy efficiency that foster healthy and sustained growth in national and international markets.
CRS does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CRS provides a robust benefits package for full-time and part-time employees, including a matching program for 401(k) retirement and commute benefits. CRS is located in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco’s Presidio National Park.