- Administrative Associate
- Green-e Energy Verification Associate – Summer 2016
1. Administrative Associate
- 1 Half-time staff position
- Posting Date: May 16, 2016
- Application Deadline: June 1, 2016
This is a permanent, part time non-exempt position reporting to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
Executive Director Support: Provide administrative support & travel arrangements for the Executive Director.
Administrative Support: Primary responsibility for office administrative duties and meeting planning and logistics for CRS and Green-e Board of Directors.
- Organize and schedule quarterly CRS Board meetings and provide support during meetings as needed
- Organize CRS Board dinners
- Organize and schedule quarterly Green-e Governance Board meetings and provide support during meetings as needed
- Keep the office running efficiently, including printers, phones, alarms, etc.
- Process mail, invoices and checks
- Answer phones & greet visitors in a professional manner
- Order and manage office and kitchen supplies
- Record minutes for weekly staff meetings
- Coordinate catering, social committee, and birthday celebrations
- Plant care
- Run errands as necessary
- Assist with planning and provide support at other CRS events, such as the annual staff dinner
and staff parties
- Post job and volunteer position openings, collect applications, and provide administrative
support to hiring processes
- Assist in employee, volunteer, and intern onboarding and off-boarding processes
- Data entry & tracking in Salesforce
- Oversee shipping of booths and supplies for staff travel to conferences
- Based on skills, assist with social media and website updates to gain CRS followers and to
promote events and campaigns
- Other administrative duties as needed
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel mandatory, Salesforce and basic HTML experience
- High-level of comfort contacting clients by phone and email in a professional manner
- Firm but graceful negotiating skills
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well with a
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
- Long-term career interests in administrative work
- Able to start work in June 2016
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week paid staff position. The Administrative Associate is expected to work all weekday mornings (Monday-Friday) from the CRS office in San Francisco. CRS would like to fill the position as soon as possible. CRS is a small, inclusive, team-based organization, and we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about our mission and playing this key role in supporting the organization’s work.
2. Green-e Energy Verification Associate – Summer 2016
The Center for Resource Solutions is seeking four motivated individuals to serve as Verification Associates for the summer of 2016. This is a great opportunity to learn about renewable energy and the intricacies of the voluntary renewable energy market in which it is sold. The Associates will work closely with Green-e Energy staff and learn about each of the Green-e programs: Energy, Climate and Marketplace.
The positions will begin on June 1, 2016; three of the positions will last ten weeks, and one of the positions will last twenty weeks. Candidates must be available to start on June 1. These positions may be considered internships only if you have a relationship with an amenable sponsoring institution. If you wish to get credit for this position as an internship, please include information from your sponsoring institution in your application. Students currently enrolled in graduate programs are encouraged to apply.
The Associates will assist with Green-e Energy’s annual verification process, as well as have opportunities for research projects, based on the needs of the Green-e programs and the interest and experience of the candidates.
Verification (75-80%): Renewable energy sellers in Green-e Energy are required to submit an annual Verification Report detailing their supply and sales of renewable energy during a given year. These reports are audited by accountants hired by the program participant. The Associates will assist Green-e Energy staff in reviewing and processing the reports, which are received June 1, 2016.
Research (20-25%): In addition to verification tasks, there are a number of other areas within CRS that can use assistance. Depending on the applicant’s particular interests and skills, he/she may work in a number of areas including:
-Renewable energy facility reviews
-Renewable energy markets and accounting in other countries
-Facilitating partnerships with like-minded organizations
-Identifying companies for possible Green-e Marketplace participation
-Green-e Salesforce applications
Compensation and Scheduling
This is a temporary, part-time position, and the Associate is expected to work 32 hours per week. This position pays $18 per hour if funding from the applicant’s university or another grant-giving institution is not available. The Associate will be expected to work from the CRS office in the Presidio of San Francisco, and will be eligible to receive commuter benefits. The schedule arrangement is flexible so long as the Associate works in the office an average of 32 hours each week.
To Apply for a Position at Center for Resource Solutions
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line. Indicate why you are interested in the position, what you hope to gain from your tenure here, a summary of your qualifications for the position, and your availability (possible start date, hours per week and duration if relevant). Employment will be contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference checks.
About Center for Resource Solutions (CRS)
CRS is a national nonprofit with global impact. CRS brings forth expert responses to climate change issues with the speed and effectiveness necessary to provide real-time solutions. Our leadership through collaboration and environmental innovation builds policies and consumer-protection mechanisms in renewable energy, greenhouse gas reductions, and energy efficiency that foster healthy and sustained growth in national and international markets.
CRS does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CRS provides a robust benefits package for full-time and part-time employees, including a matching program for 401(k) retirement and commute benefits. CRS is located in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco’s Presidio National Park.