See How to Apply for a Position below.
1. Conference and Education Specialist
- 1 Full time staff position
- Posting Date: April 1, 2016
- Application Deadline: April 14, 2016
The Conference and Education Specialist will lead the planning and execution of the annual Renewable Energy Markets (REM) conference, plan logistics for other events, meetings, and education initiatives, and provide short-term administrative support to the organization.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
Conference Coordination: overall conference organization and logistics
- Venue: Assist with annual selection and booking; Manage relationship with hotel contact throughout process of planning the conference
- Conference Sponsors and Partners: Assist with outreach; process agreements and invoices, manage relationships and execute sponsorship logistics
- Attendee Registration: Manage online registration process; Answer questions from prospective and confirmed attendees
- Conference Programming: Assist in creating and coordinating program selection committees; Administer call for abstracts and compile speaker abstract submissions; Contact selected speakers and coordinate logistics; Collect and organize speakers’ presentation submissions
- Green Power Leadership Awards: Assemble and coordinate selection committee; Administer call for nominations and compile submissions; Coordinate with the winners of the Market Development awards to gather information; Work with Communications Director and EPA Green Power Partnership to plan Awards Ceremony
- Communications: Assist in editing and creating content for Event Website (Squarespace platform); Create and promote conference Mobile App (Guidebook platform); Promote conference via social media campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Onsite: Oversee onsite conference logistics; Source and manage conference volunteers; Hire and manage onsite contract workers
- Supervisory: Manage a short-term Conference and Administrative Assistant who will be brought on to provide support in the months leading up to the annual conference
- Plan and host informational webinars
- Educational outreach and communications (organization-wide)
- Create and update website content (HTML experience helpful)
- Email correspondence and social media engagement
- Internal social planning: regular staff activities and several annual special events
Administrative Assistance – during first year of employment at CRS
- Complete administrative tasks for CRS and Green-e programs; keep office running efficiently
- Organize and schedule quarterly Board of Directors, Governance Board, and Advisory Committee meetings
- Record minutes for weekly staff meetings
- Process mail, invoices and checks
- Order office and kitchen supplies
- Plan and book travel arrangements for the Executive Director
- Post job and volunteer position openings, collect applications, and provide administrative support to hiring processes
- Assist in employee, volunteer, and intern on-boarding and off-boarding processes
- Data entry & tracking in Salesforce
- Oversee shipping of booths and supplies for staff travel to conferences
- 3-5 years’ experience in planning conferences and/or large events
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel mandatory, Salesforce and basic HTML experience are a plus
- High-level of comfort contacting clients by phone and email in a professional manner
- Firm but graceful negotiating skills
- Calm and professional demeanor
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to work well with a team
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced, professional office setting
- Long-term career interests in conference planning
- Social media skills and experience
- Able to start work in early May
This is a full-time, 40-hour per week paid staff position. Some overtime with approval may be necessary leading up to and during the annual conference. The Specialist is expected to work from the CRS office in San Francisco. Limited travel is a possibility. CRS would like to fill the position as soon as possible.
About the Renewable Energy Markets (REM) Conference. REM is the clean energy industry’s most important annual event focused on the states, businesses, organizations, and households that choose clean, renewable electricity every day. Since 1996, REM has been the leading forum for the clean energy marketplace, and is attended by leaders from federal and state governments, large corporate purchasers, the nation’s leading utilities and electricity generators, and marketers from around the world. As part of the conference, outstanding companies are recognized with Green Power Leadership Awards. The conference is organized by the Center for Resource Solutions.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to jobs [at] resource-solutions [dot] org in one combined file titled with your name. Please include the job title in the subject line. Indicate why you are interested in the position, what you hope to gain from your tenure here, a summary of your qualifications for the position, and your availability (possible start date, hours per week and duration if relevant). Submissions are welcome when there are no positions listed, if you’d like us to keep your materials on file for future positions. No calls or email inquiries please. Employment will be contingent upon completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification and satisfactory reference checks.
About Center for Resource Solutions (CRS)
CRS is a national nonprofit with global impact. CRS brings forth expert responses to climate change issues with the speed and effectiveness necessary to provide real-time solutions. Our leadership through collaboration and environmental innovation builds policies and consumer-protection mechanisms in renewable energy, greenhouse gas reductions, and energy efficiency that foster healthy and sustained growth in national and international markets.
CRS does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, national origin, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation or disability. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. CRS provides a robust benefits package for full-time employees including a matching program for 401(k) retirement and commute benefits. CRS is located in the Thoreau Center for Sustainability in San Francisco’s Presidio National Park.