2020 Green Power Leadership Awards: Categories
Center for Resource Solutions (CRS) Awards
The GPLAs awarded by CRS recognize individuals, companies, or other renewable energy industry leaders that are building the market for green power. Any party may submit applications or nominations, and there is no limit to the number of applications that may be submitted per party for the awards.
- Green Power Market Development: Recognizes organizations and individuals building and growing the voluntary market for green power. This may include organizations using renewable energy, electricity suppliers and REC providers, policy advocates, leaders in project development, and others influential in driving green power. The award honors industry leaders that are innovators and champions of renewable energy and whose actions are supporting the accelerated development of green power markets.
- International Green Power Market Development: Recognizes organizations and individuals who are building markets or demonstrating leadership in green power procurement outside North America. This may include organizations using renewable energy, project developers, policy advocates, certificate providers, electricity suppliers, or others influential in developing and growing green power markets.
- Leadership in Green Power Education: Recognizes effective and unique programs and organizations focusing on green power education. This award honors work that spreads the word about the environmental benefits of green power, and efforts to boost public interest in renewable energy.
- Green Power Leader of the Year: Recognizes outstanding leadership by an individual who is leveraging his or her influence, power, position, or purchasing power to increase the prevalence of renewable energy. Special emphasis given to regional leaders advocating for clean energy development. Evaluation criteria include: efforts and achievements of an individual, contributions to building the green power market, and dedication to and vision for renewable energy.
An evaluation panel including representatives from CRS and national green power experts review and evaluate the applications received. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations must be accurate, complete, and must address all criteria listed in the nomination forms. Awards are presented at a ceremony at the annual Renewable Energy Markets conference.
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Awards
The EPA Awards recognize leading Green Power Partners and Communities that have helped further the green power market through their green power purchase or use of on-site renewable energy applications, overall green power strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- Excellence in Green Power Use (formerly Green Power Purchasing): Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through purchases of green power from a utility green-pricing program, a competitive green marketer, or a renewable energy certificate (REC) supplier.
- Direct Project Engagement (formerly On-site Generation): Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves using on-site renewable energy applications.
- Green Power Community of the Year: Recognizes EPA Green Power Communities that distinguish themselves through their green power use, leadership, citizen engagement, renewable energy strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- Green Power Partner of the Year: Recognizes Partners who distinguish themselves through their green power use, leadership, overall strategy, and impact on the green power market.
- Sustained Excellence in Green Power: Recognizes continual leadership in advancing green power development.
The application period is closed. Applications for CRS’s Green Power Leadership Awards are received at Apply for a Green Power Leadership Award. To apply for the EPA Awards, visit the EPA’s GPLA Website.
No endorsement by the EPA is intended or implied.