For businesses and households switching to renewable energy, the options can be confusing. Green-e® Energy certification helps buyers feel confident in the environmental benefits of their purchases and provides an important point of differentiation for sellers in a crowded marketplace. In this free 1-hour webinar, attendees heard from DTE Energy and Green Mountain Energy on the design of their programs, including the benefits of providing Green-e® certified products. DTE Energy discussed offering a certified product as a regulated utility in Michigan, and Green Mountain Energy discussed its residential solar product in the Texas competitive electricity market.
Topics discussed will include:
- Why they chose to offer Green-e® certified renewable energy products
- The basics of renewable energy program design
- The growing demand for renewable energy products
- Benefits seen from offering a third-party certified product, including differentiation, risk reduction and positive brand recognition
Also included in this webinar was an introduction to Green-e® Energy, the leading renewable energy certification program in North America. With over 62 million megawatt hours (MWh) certified in 2018, the program verifies and certifies voluntary renewable energy products to ensure they are of the highest environmental quality and are marketed and sold accurately and transparently.
- Matt Hutchinson, Product Innovation Manager, Green Mountain Energy
- Julie Londo, Renewable Energy Program Manager, DTE Energy
- Michelle McGinty, Manager, Program Outreach, Center for Resource Solutions